Mike's Oud Forums

Red strings

Marcus - 1-25-2010 at 11:08 PM

Hi Oudies :wavey:

A few times I see ouds with this red strings on, and somehow I like the look. Does anybody know how they sound and where to get them?

Thanx

Marcus

Aymara - 1-25-2010 at 11:24 PM

Hi Marcus,

that are red copper wound strings. As far as I know Aquila have them in their catalogue.

Matthias - 1-26-2010 at 02:47 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Marcus  
Hi Oudies :wavey:

A few times I see ouds with this red strings on, and somehow I like the look. Does anybody know how they sound and where to get them?
Marcus

Hello Marcus,

theese strings are definitely the Aquila strings. The wound basses are copperwound and the plain strings are of the nylgut type, the white strings.

You'll find theese strings in my shop and I have them in stock:
http://music-strings.de/index.php?k=239

Regards Matthias

Mehran - 2-8-2010 at 04:00 AM

Hi,

I also found red strings made by pyramid strings, both the wound and nylon strings were coloured red, i have still to try them.

I found them in Syria but havent seen them on sale anywhere else.

Mehran

Danielo - 2-9-2010 at 01:31 AM

Hi,

There are also copper wound strings from Savarez. Personally I like them better than Aquila copper wound (that I found a little to thick).

Dan

Matthias - 2-9-2010 at 04:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Mehran  
Hi,

I also found red strings made by pyramid strings, both the wound and nylon strings were coloured red, i have still to try them.

I found them in Syria but havent seen them on sale anywhere else.

Mehran

Pyramid stopped the production of theese strings. They were really red not the brown copper.

If you saw theese strings recently, weather they were old, ( some years ) or they were fakes. It is known that pyramid strings are faked very often.

regards Matthias