Mike's Oud Forums

Nazih Ghadban's Ouds

spacelooper - 10-10-2004 at 02:58 PM

I know there are some of you on this forum that own Nazih Oud's... what do his Ouds run roughly as far as cost?...

samzayed - 10-10-2004 at 04:12 PM

You should really contact Mr. Ghadban and discuss that with him. That type of thing shouldn't be discussed out in the open. He's really a nice guy, he'll be glad to answer all of your questions

Trouble Contacting

LeeVaris - 10-11-2004 at 05:28 AM

I've had trouble contacting Mr Ghadban! He seems to be missing in action. Anybody know a reliable way to contact him? His web site doesn't seem to work - nor does the email address at the site.

Zulkarnain - 10-11-2004 at 05:54 AM

Hi Lee

Try this one http://www.oudnazihghadban.com/ works fine for me & also his email :)

Regards

samzayed - 10-11-2004 at 05:57 AM

Hey guys, usually when I contact him, he replies back within 2-3 days. He may be on vacation, so try waiting a few more days. IS this the e-mail you're using info@oudnazihghadban.com ?

Faladel - 10-11-2004 at 07:26 AM

Hi all:
Mr. Nazih travel this week to Germany
regards:)

Which Models?

spacelooper - 10-11-2004 at 02:50 PM

I was curious what models some of you have... Does anyone have a 965 model?

Greg - 10-11-2004 at 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by spacelooper
I was curious what models some of you have... Does anyone have a 965 model?

The number 965 refers to a serial number, not a particular model. As luck would have it, I have played oud 965. Mr Ghadban had that oud when I recently visited his workshop. I purchased one of his Bashir models, but it was a very hard decision between oud 965 and the one I purchased (oud 1032). Even as I was walking out the door with my new oud, I was looking back at 965 and hoping I wouldn't regret my decision.
I can assure you it is a very beautiful instrument, with excellent tone and action.

Regards,

Greg

Lars - 10-11-2004 at 10:48 PM

Hi all,
I'm new here and have been lurking for some time. I saw Mr. Ghadban's site, it was very nice. Does anyone here own one of his Buzuk's and have a sound file? I play Saz a lot and the Buzuk looks intriguing, there's not a lot of info on them on the web that I can find.....great board you guys have here, I'll post some pics of my different saz and oud soon.