Mike's Oud Forums

Safar Ali

TruePharaoh21 - 6-2-2005 at 10:50 AM

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had some compositions for Safar Ali that can be made available to us. I have found that he composed a song called Rannat Khilkhali, and that he has (aside from the Samai Nahawand), a samai written in maqam Hijaz, and one in maqam Jiharkah. I've heard that he has also composed quite a number of bashraf's.

Also, if anyone has any general information about him, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

TP21

amarock - 6-3-2005 at 04:30 AM

Hi
I alraedy asked for the samai nahawand of safar ali on the forum,but nobody answer!
There is a file sample of the samai in Maqam World,in nahawand cathegory,but the file is taken from a tape.
I tried to find a cd on p2p but it wasn't succesfull too....
Bruno

carped - 6-5-2005 at 11:26 AM

You mean sheet music? I have the following samaiat: saba, sikah, gaharkah, nahawand, hogaz kar (all in extremely bad print - I might not be able to scan them properly). There is also some biographical material but my fosha is so bad I cannot really translate. Safar Ali was born in 1884 in Cairo, he died in 1962. Want me to mail any of this?

TruePharaoh21 - 6-5-2005 at 12:23 PM

Hey carped,

Absolutely. If it's possible, and isn't too much trouble. My e-mail is truepharaoh21@hotmail.com

Thanks!

TP21

violinvirtuoso - 6-21-2008 at 07:30 PM

Hello everyone-
I am currently in need of Safar Ali Samai Nahawand sheet music.
I would appreciate it very much if anyone could send me a copy?
Thanks!
arab.music.ensemble@gmail.com