Mike's Oud Forums

twin spot

amarock - 7-11-2005 at 12:43 AM

Hi dear friend.
I need some advices about the twin spot pickup for my oud.
Do anybody tried it?
where to position the heads ? is the position like in the link a good position,or,The position?
Please help.
regards.
bruno
http://www.kksound.com/oud.html

oudman - 7-11-2005 at 03:14 AM

In my opinion, the best sound you get out of the twin spot is when you place one head to the right of the bridge, and one to the left of the bridge and a little above the bridge (like how they show the left pickup in the picture). However, this can lead to feedback issues in high volume situations. If that is the case, you are better off putting one to the right of the bridge, one to the left but this time below the bridge- the sound wont be as good, but less feedback issues.

cshrem - 7-11-2005 at 05:49 PM

I bought a pickup for my accoustic guitar and before putting on with the adhesive, i played while my friend moved it around so I would find the best sound, before putting on the adhesive

Andy - 7-17-2005 at 01:53 PM

In my opinion the best K&K for the oud is the Big Shot 3/4" . I've tried the the Twin Spot but found the Big Shot attached to the bridge about 1 1/2" from the bottom edge of the bridge to produce a better sound for me. True the transducer will be slightly too large for the bridge but it works.