Mike's Oud Forums

Shipment from Syria

palestine48 - 11-2-2005 at 12:07 AM

A friend of mine who doesnt live in the U.S. said he got a sukar for a really god price.

I am considering ordering one, does anyone knowofany precautions I should take. I am not sure if all products from Syria are allowed in the U.S. Does anyone know anything?

thanks

Rami

Jason - 11-2-2005 at 04:25 AM

I believe there are a lot of restrictions right now and will probably be more in the future with regard to recent actions of the U.N., however I don't think the current laws restrict ALL imports and exports. You should call your local post office and find out the current laws on importing.

SamirCanada - 11-2-2005 at 07:03 AM

You could get it delivered in Canada and shiped to you afterwards.

palestine48 - 11-2-2005 at 09:57 PM

ya samir, that is definantly an option. I was also thinking, i doubt the U.S. is going to force Aramex from sitting down its damascan hub or new york hub for that matter, are they immune from any possible sanctions?

Thanks a lot.

oof why can't we be at peace

sam81dc - 3-29-2006 at 04:45 PM

I'm in Syria and ship to the US almost everyday, I know Sukkar in person. I can help if you are still interested.

Take care,

Hatem_Afandi - 3-29-2006 at 05:42 PM

Salaam ya Rami
I got my Samir Azar oud directly from Syria. Samir did a great job wrapping the oud and it arrived with a minor damage to the fiberglass case.
It took only 3 days to get to my door.
The only issue is shipping cost. It is about $220!(ouch)
Anyway, Samir's oud was worth every penny!
Good luck
P.S. Make sure that you order case model 94

palestine48 - 3-29-2006 at 07:43 PM

Salaam Alayk Hatem,

I actually posted this question before I found an Azar oud here in san francisco. I posted that i purchased it from stefan andalous. I love it and wouldnt hesitate to buy another one. It is so comfortable to play. Saving the shipping really made my day but to be honest I think these ouds are worth the total value with the shipping including. For the quality, Samir sells them rather cheap. Happy playing my friend.