Dr. Oud - 2-8-2007 at 04:35 PM

yes

Hagop - 2-8-2007 at 10:45 PM

Haha i remember that oud from ebay, very nice

Ronny Andersson - 2-9-2007 at 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hagop
Haha i remember that oud from ebay, very nice

A real bargain dont you think ;) Anyhow I am very satiesfied that Richard take care of the oud now and hopfully bring some life back to it. It is a spetacular decorated oud but with a very modest decoration on the soundboard. The soundboard is probably made of Lebanon cedar but I need to see the inside to be 100% sure in this case.

If any of the members here have any information about the maker so do please let me know!

Ronny

Ronny Andersson - 2-9-2007 at 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Oud
but it came with a great eagle risha!

Fantastic Risha and completely different the Iraqi style!

Dr. Oud - 2-12-2007 at 10:20 AM

here's some detail of the tail end inlay

Dr. Oud - 2-12-2007 at 10:21 AM

a new pegbox end block was fitted and glued in

Dr. Oud - 2-12-2007 at 10:22 AM

after trimming the end block, the back plate was glued back

excentrik - 2-13-2007 at 11:18 PM

Dr. Oud- Have you ever seen inlay that detailed on a bowl?

Dr. Oud - 2-14-2007 at 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by excentrik
Dr. Oud- Have you ever seen inlay that detailed on a bowl?
I have never seen this before. The inlay is made up of strips of geometric patterns of highly intricate wooden bits, similar to the rossete patterns found on fine classical guitars.

Dr. Oud - 2-21-2007 at 08:41 AM

The pegbox was loose on the neck, so I pulled it off and discovered the end block was delaminated as well. I'm seeing a lot of this lately and have concluded that the veneer backplate does not transfer the pressure from the neck notch to the side walls very well, so I'm replacing the endblock with a more robust block that will secure the pegbox better.

Dr. Oud - 2-26-2007 at 09:09 AM

here's the pegboc block glued in

Siragan

garen - 12-13-2008 at 09:29 PM

I met Siragan in Jerusalem. He was my Great Grandfather and he passed away in 1978. He was a character! Congrats on the oud! He was truly an artist. My father is lucky enough to have one of his ouds.
garen

Marina - 12-14-2008 at 01:23 AM

Dr. Oud,
congratulation! After you fix it, you should put it under the glass bell - it is soooo beautiful!
:applause:

The little rosseta (little bird) has the same design as Abou Allas ouds, funny.

Dr. Oud - 12-16-2008 at 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by garen
I met Siragan in Jerusalem. He was my Great Grandfather and he passed away in 1978. He was a character! Congrats on the oud! He was truly an artist. My father is lucky enough to have one of his ouds.
garen

Now that's provenance! We should take this oud on Antique Roadshow. Current condition: the plastic fingerboard plates and beard have been replaced with bone, the pegbox is re-mounted, and the missing inlay MOP in the back has been replaced. I have a MOP endcap to glue on and it's ready for the refinish.

Ronny Andersson - 12-16-2008 at 02:01 PM

Quote:
garen

Hi Garen! What a surprise for me to read this. Do you have any more info, to share like photos?

Ronny Andersson - 12-16-2008 at 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Oud
Quote:
garen

Now that's provenance! We should take this oud on Antique Roadshow. Current condition: the plastic fingerboard plates and beard have been replaced with bone, the pegbox is re-mounted, and the missing inlay MOP in the back has been replaced. I have a MOP endcap to glue on and it's ready for the refinish.

That is looking real good Dottore Richard!

paulO - 12-16-2008 at 02:11 PM

Congrats Ronny,

I don't ususally like these highly decorated ouds, but this is really fantastic.

Regards..PaulO

Ronny Andersson - 12-16-2008 at 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by paulO
Congrats Ronny,

I don't ususally like these highly decorated ouds, but this is really fantastic.

Regards..PaulO

Thanks Paul! I am not much for fancy decorations but this is really fantastic and different. Just curios to hear its sound now.

Thanks

Ronny