Mike's Oud Forums

Oud Festival of Jerusalem 2008

amarock - 9-14-2008 at 05:39 AM

Dear friends
Like every year,i'm proud to send you the program of the 2008 Oud Festival of Israel in Jerusalem.
It is a very rich and a very colored program wich include a great diversity of differents cultures.
Enjoy
Bruno
http://www.confederationhouse.org/english/festivals/oud/schedule/

Masel - 9-14-2008 at 10:56 AM

WOW!:bowdown:

Marina - 9-14-2008 at 04:11 PM

Well,

I wish to hear some more oud on the OUD festival....
I mean, all of the musicians on this program are BEST & GREAT, but, there is NO SINGLE ONE OUD CONCERT...?
:mad:

Marina - 9-14-2008 at 04:14 PM

Hi Bruno,
actually, I have heard one of your recordings. :wavey:
They got me to record something and they say that in some compositions they got another oud player, and it seams that this was you. I liked it and I asked who is the player. :applause:
(With this Buhara guy Artur?)

amarock - 9-14-2008 at 05:53 PM

Hi Marina
Fist of all ,congratulation for your book.:applause:
Indeed i played with Arthur and you certainly heard a record of the longa nihavent played by me on my oud and by my group.I'm glad that you liked it.I will be please to see you in one of our representation in israel.
Bruno

Jerusalem oud festival

shareen - 9-14-2008 at 07:31 PM

Surprising program, but I am a bit disappointed that there is not one concert featuring and oud player. I was at the festival last year...Ara Dinkjian, Samer Makoul, Ihab Nimr...FEATURED oud players. It is, after all, an OUD festival, yes? There are so many talented Palestinan and Jewish oud players, and one of the greatest oud builders too (
Abu Ala). Great program, but again, a bit disappointed. I will try to go, however if my friends will tolerate me there for 2 weeks!:D

Marina - 9-15-2008 at 12:41 AM

Well, I have two little dogs...Stacy & Virshlo....If you will be so kind to take them out morning & evening, you are wellcome to stay in my place. I'm in Tel Aviv, close to bus to Jerusalem, 1 hour drive...
It is not a joke. I am always out so I hate to see the little devils locked...
:shrug:

Tickets to Jerusalem oud festival

shareen - 9-15-2008 at 05:06 PM

Bruno, how do I get tickets from overseas? I got shut out of some concerts last year because I didn't book in advance but there is no option to purchase tickets online.

Marina - 9-16-2008 at 03:44 AM

Tickets order
For tickets, call
Bimot: 02-6237000 | Kla'im : 02-6222333 |

Internet : http://www.bimot.co.il

Advance ticket reservation is recommended

For the Festival program, call - Confederation House:

Tel - 02-6245206 | Fax - 02-6234756 | email: confeder@inter.net.il

30 NIS discount against 170 points for those who pay in Isracard.

Second ticket for free to the concert: "The Three Greats", for "Zman Tarbut"
* הזכות לשינויים שמורה

amarock - 9-16-2008 at 07:59 AM

Hi shareen
I think that Marina did the job better than I could!
Thank's Marina!:)
Bruno
ps:i don't have any link with the staff organisation of the Festival but i think that it will be a good think if one of them will know about the Mike's Oud Forum!

MatthewW - 9-16-2008 at 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shareen
Surprising program, but I am a bit disappointed that there is not one concert featuring and oud player. I was at the festival last year.. Great program, but again, a bit disappointed. I will try to go, however if my friends will tolerate me there for 2 weeks!:D

I did see Yurdal Tokcan listed in the programme for one of the performances... I believe he plays a bit of oud ;)

shareen - 9-17-2008 at 05:46 AM

Yes, but if you look at the actual program and the description of the artists, it doesn't feature an oud player as the principal artist in the performance. That I find odd. But it's going to be fantastic and I hope to go. :buttrock: