Mike's Oud Forums

Loose neck joint

Mehran - 2-27-2009 at 05:37 AM

Hey,
The other week my oud slipped over from standing on a wall (yes i know, bad idea).
From this the peg box/neck joint seems to have loosened up from the neck, because slight separation from the back of the peg-box from the neck is visible and can be exaggerated with controlled pressure.

The oud is still strung and tuned and the peg box doesnt seem as if it is going to come off anytime soon, however id like to fix this incase it gets worse.

Since their is still plenty of fix in the joint, is this something i can do myself with some epoxy or will this require the joint to be taken apart and cleaned/glued by a luthier?

Many thanks

charlie oud - 2-27-2009 at 06:16 AM

Who ya gonna call?, call the Doctor!!!. Seriously though Mehran, Doc (Richard Hankey), "Dr Oud "on this forum can advise you. He has helped so many of us, a fine man, and extremely knowledgeable on all matters oud. You can seek him out via the members list and mail him. He may even post a reply if he sees your post here. Good luck, sounds like you should get it fixed, may be even slacken the strings until you do. Regards, C