Mike's Oud Forums

Gamil Georges

Monawar Al-Jabar - 6-8-2009 at 04:56 PM

Hi Evereyone :wavey:

I have been working hard in the last 12 month to get some money together for a water project for poor villages in the Yemen which i am going to start at the end of July, but i have came to a dead end with the rest of the money and their for i am selling my OUD that i had since the end of the 80s which is made by Gamil Georges.

I will post some photos and sound file as the oud is still playable and in need of some attention otherwise it still the best oud I ever had but as I said due to the money which is needed otherwise I would not have sold it.

I need to be honest with everyone that I don’t know how much the value of the oud is, but please remember I am only selling it for a good cause and would be looking for $1500.
I would appreciate any help or advice or evaluation.
Any donation is welcomed through PayPal: monawar_aljabar@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

Monawar Al-Jabar

My next project will be in Egypt so please help if you can

Sam - 6-10-2009 at 02:35 PM

well my friend .. is it Gamil George's sons ??

it doesnt deserve more than 500 Dollars if it was Gamil George's sons even if it was old

cuz when Gamil george died his songs worked under the name "Gamil George's sons" and they were sellin bad quality oud just like those in Muhammad Ali streets and after a while they sold it to some one but its still has the same name

if it was orginal Gamil oud it deserves the 1500$