Printable Version  
Author: Subject: A TICKET TO ISTANBUL
amarock
Oud Junkie

Mood: musical

[*] posted on 5-13-2008 at 02:51 PM
A TICKET TO ISTANBUL

My dear friends
It is a pleasure for me to annonce that i will be in Istanbul for five days,especialy to take the grand concet oud i orderd to the best :Mr Faruk Turunz.
It will be the occasion for me to visit this fantastic town and to appreciate the inhabitants,the streets,the colors,the smells,and above all ,the music of the region.I will visit the famous Galip Dede street whith all the music shops...a dream!
I promise some pics to the forum,especialy those wich are dealling with turkish classical music , ouds,and the Faruk wokshop.
My best regards
Bruno
Amos
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-13-2008 at 05:29 PM

have a great trip to one of the worlds greatest cities! be sure to check out rumeli meyhane on istiklal caddesi in taksim...there is an excellent band there, and check out the meyhanes in cicek pasaji for great music...also check out the performance schedule at cemil resit rey konser salonu in harbiye for excellent concerts...have fun!
amos

Our music is like an ocean...
amarock
Oud Junkie

Mood: musical

[*] posted on 5-15-2008 at 11:31 AM

Thank you Amos for the tips.
Yesterday,Sameer Makhoul,my first oud teacher,call me from the Faruk workshop and told me that he saw my oud!
He was in Istanbul to give a representation and he bought an arabic oud from Faruk.
I begin to be a little...impatient!
Bruno

Go To Top